Friday, March 4, 2011

Blog Portfolio 3


1. Coverage

Here are the links to all the blogs assigned this quarter based on our readings and novels. There is a total of 10 blogs, all of which have been completed

Blog 1: Sartre’s Essay on Existentialism

Blog 2: ‘The Distraction Society’

Blog 3: A Hunger Artist

Blog 4: Hunger Pastiche

Blog 5: Knut Hamsun’s Christian Perversions

Blog 6: Hunger Mind Map

Blog 7: Analysis of an Aspect of Metamorphosis (Part 1)

Blog 8: Formal Interpretation of a Passage

Blog 9: Kafkaesque

Blog 10: My Plan of Action (Essay)

2. Depth


For this blog I included a great depth of discussion. Not only did I include the New Oxford English Dictionary definition of ‘Kafkaesque’, but I also went greatly in depth with my own definition of what I thought it meant. I focused on four elements that comprise this ‘Kafkaesque’ nature, and used examples from both the movie ‘Kafka’ as well as ‘Metamorphosis’ for evidence.

3. Interaction


For this blog I read several of my peer’s blogs before writing my own. I was fascinated by a lot of Monique’s and Nina’s ideas, and elaborated upon them in my blog (including links to their own posts). I talked about both of their ideas, and then shared my own in accordance to what they were saying.

4. Discussion


This blog post seemed to have sparked a very heated discussion between my peers and I. The topic of Gregor’s submissive nature brought upon a debate about synthesized happiness, and whether that shows strength or weakness in a character.

5. Xenoblogging


Comment Primo: I was the first to comment on Wesley’s pastiche, and I discussed how well his writing correlated to Hamsun’s voice. I analyzed his paragraph quite thoroughly, noting how he captured the voice of the author very well, and pointing out certain words or phrases that didn’t flow very well with the rest of the pastiche.

6. Wildcard


With all of the books we’ve been reading about women and power, I decided to write a poem called ‘Waiting Women’. This was inspired by the passage in The Handmaid’s Tale that talks about ‘Falling Women’. Instead of writing about how women are falling, I wrote about how women are endlessly waiting for something, something that we continue waiting for even though we are unaware of what it may be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment