Thursday, December 9, 2010

Portfolio 2

Coverage
Here are the links to all the blogs assigned this semester based on our readings and novels. There is a total of 7 blogs, all of which have been completed.

Blog: Talking Back
Blog: Klaus Barbie
Blog: The Beauty Myth
Blog: Blame it on Feminism
Blog: Extract Deconstruction
Blog: How Fiction Works
Blog: Review on The Road

Depth
I chose this blog for depth, because not only was it my longest blog, but also because I felt it was the most thoroughly analyzed. I went very in depth when analyzing the two feminist essays, comparing and contrasting them in great detail. I also compared such treatment of wives to the Hindu tradition of ‘Sati’, which is a tradition that still horrifies me.  I used secondary sources to learn more background information on this custom, so that I could provide it as an example of the mistreatment of wives in India.

Interaction
I chose this article for my ‘Interaction’ post because my ideas were influenced by both Jorina’s blog and Julie’s IOP presentation. Jorina and I started a discussion on her own blog, and the ideas presented in this discussion really helped me elaborate on some of my thoughts and connections. In addition, many seemed to find parallels between this blog and their own ideas on the ‘Blame it on Feminism’ article.

Discussion
This blog of mine seemed to spark a lot of controversy about The Road. It is a very unique book: you either hate it or you love it. It seems as though my harsh and critical review on the novel evoked a discussion between my peers.

Xenoblogging
My comment on Monique’s blog, I felt, was very thorough. I spent quite some time analyzing her ideas, and comparing them to my own. I feel that my comment on Monique’s blog was quite meaningful, and received a good amount of feedback, for it was followed up with replies from both Monique and Aishwarya regarding my ideas.

Wildcard
This piece was a vignette I wrote some time ago. I am quite proud of this piece, and I felt that it related to the feminist essays we’ve been reading. It is a scene of two girls in the bathroom, and I felt that it illustrates many of the key aspects portrayed in the feminist essays we have been reading. This idea of beauty and make up is portrayed greatly in the novels and essays of this semester, and I thought that a personal adaptation of these aspects in a high school environment would be a good expansion on this concept of feminism. 

No comments:

Post a Comment